Pets need to cool down too and we are so thankful for GonetotheSnowDogs.com for having an awesome recipe for us to follow and do with our pups!
Let’s get pupsicling!
Summer is slowly creeping in and I don’t know about your sweet pup, but mine seems to overheat just looking at the front door! Well, what to do….make a sweet, healthy, COLD treat! AND with July just around the corner, patriotic is where it is at!
Grab that pet baby/babies of yours and let the prep work begin and the taste-testing chaos ensue……remember take pictures of this moment and honestly, Pet Treater would love to see some @pettreater–share away!
According to GonetotheSnowDogs.com this is an easy recipe to follow AND it is healthy not only for your pup but for YOU too (BTW, my family WILL be doing these)! So, in making the “human version”, change out the treat sticks (doubtful you want some of those), but other than that, enjoy this fruit-filled snack with your pet and Beat that Summer Heat !
- 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries
- 1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coconut
- 1 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 6 Dog Jerky Treats (for yours, take these out)
Work it ALL together:
- The first thing you are going to want to do is take a handful of the strawberries and puree them. Take the remaining and chop them into small bits. Set them aside in a small bowl.
- Then take a handful of the blueberries and puree them. Toss a few whole ones on top and set them aside in a small bowl.
- Now take all of the coconut and puree it. It will remain fairly chunky and that’s okay. Place it aside in a small bowl is well.
- Add about 1/2 cup of plain yogurt to each bowl of prepared ingredients and stir them together. You should now have Red, White, and Blue for the Bomb Pops!
- Layer a bit of each color into the molds! Stick the dog jerky treats down into the molds to use as “sticks” (for you, just use the plastic handles that come with your popsicle mold).
- Now place them in the freezer and in a few hours your dog can enjoy them!
ENTIRE RECIPE COURTESY of GonetotheSnowDogs.com
Keeping Cool and Pawesome!
Make sure you are prepared for some sticky goodness, best to probably eat it outside under a shade tree….but trust me your pups will LOVE it. Bonding happens in many ways….just remember treats are best shared with those that we care about!
We at Pet Treater are not Vets and this recipe is from an independent source so please, as always, check with your Vet first to make sure the ingredients listed are safe for your specific pet baby!
All our Pet Treater customers remember to look inside your awesome boxes or packs to see what surprises we have for you in June. We love to partner with other companies that bring value to YOU and YOUR pets!
Look for our Puppy Cake insert in the June subscriptions, they have made a real sweet deal for you and your pet(s)!
Very thankful we were able to bring this furrtastic recipe to you, all rights go to GonetotheSnowDogs.com for the recipe, video and all pictures!
As Always Many Paws,