Yes, we know you’re the best fur baby mommy/daddy EVER! Valentine’s Day is this time to truly show your undying, never wavering, mildly neurotic adoration for your friendly companion. Whether you’re single or not( let’s be real,especially if you’re single) your pet deserves to be number one on this special day!
Here are some ways we’re confident your pet will extra loved:
In the pet world
food = love.
Make them feel super special and with this delicious recipe. Bring on the slobbery smooches!!!
(photo and recipe from Hello Nature)
What you’ll need:
– 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oat
– 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
– 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
– 1 large egg, or 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 1/4 cup of water
– 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- In a blender pulse oats until they resemble flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk parsley, mint, egg (or applesauce), water, and oil to combine.
- Gradually add oats and stir.
- Knead dough a few times, then turn out onto a plastic cutting board.
- Using a rolling pin or your hands, flatten dough out to your desired thickness.
- Use a mini cookie cutter to cut bites out.
- Place treats on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake treats 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow bites to cool completely before your treating your dog.
- Store bites in an airtight container.
C’mon, bend the rules a little for today…
Take them on a long, scenic walk.
Cuddle until you can’t cuddle anymore. Literally.
The ultimate way to give them extra love this Valentine’s Day is with a monthly Pet Treater Box!