Warm up that oven and get the treats on the way! What better way to spend a cold, wintery day than making fun and yummy treats with your doggie! We know there are tons of DIY recipes out there and that some of the our babies have allergies, but we found a yummy MINTY WINTRY DOG TREATS recipe that we know will be a furmily favorite!
MINTY WINTRY DOG TREATS
Simple, fun and worth the time! Spending time with our fur babies is as good for us as it is for them! We know that the stress of the day is almost eliminated when we sit back and enjoy time with those we love the most. We figured something minty was a great way to help warm the tummy and the heart on a cold wintery day!
BONUS: Mint and Parsley freshen the BREATH!!!!
What you will need:
- 2.5 cups Flour (whole wheat, all-purpose, or a gluten-free variety)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Tb. Oil
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 2 Tb. Mint (fresh)
- 1/3 cup Parsley (fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop fresh herbs and combine with the flour, oats, oil, and water. Mix well.
- Knead the dough for several minutes. Sprinkle flour on a clean surface and roll out the dough to ⅓ – ¼ inch thickness. Choose your favorite dog treat cookie cutters or grab your pizza cutter to cut out various designs.
- Place on lined baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Store in fridge (for 2 weeks) or freezer.
- Melt a ½ cup of yogurt chips with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on the stove or in the microwave. Stir regularly.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring and mix well.
- Let your dog treats cool after you pull them from the oven and then decorate or dip in icing. Place on wax paper to dry. This icing will dry hard.
*Reminder: any known allergies please contact your vet if you are unsure how your dog will react to any ingredients.
We at Pet Treater love treating your pets and giving you amazing discounts from other amazing companies too. We joined up with OFF WE GO to bring you a great discount on amazing product!
Happy 2021! Many Barks and Purrs,