How to Leash Train my Dog
Although it may seem like a simple task, leash training a dog can be rather difficult. Just like a child, dogs have their own personalities and can either be easily trained or, well, just plain difficult. Here are a few pointers to help make your life easier for not only you but your dog as well.
CLICK on the image to sign up, and get a FREE dog bed when you enter Coupon Code: FREE_PTBED
- Never make putting your dog on a leash an unpleasant experience for your dog. Your dog should always feel comfortable around the leash, so don’t discipline your dog harshly when first starting leash training.
- Always reward good behavior and progress. Just like anything else, if your pup does well reward with much praise and the occasional treat.
- Take small walks to begin training your dog, occasionally pulling on the leash when your dog pulls on the leash.
- Try to walk your dog on a leash when he/she is tired out. They will be less tempted to run and pull.
- Always walk in front of your dog while he/she is on a leash. It shows that you are dominant.
- Last but not least, have lots of patience with your dog and always show lots of love.
Best of luck, and by all means, don’t break a leg!
The Pet Treater Pack
Looking for creative ways to treat your dog? Check out our monthly dog box HERE