Feel Good Friday: DIY-Apple Mint Christmas Treats!
Your pup needs a special treat for the Holidays, and this is perfect for the season! Plus, the mint can help with stinky breath! This recipe comes from Best Dog Treat Recipes.com.
Apple Mint Holiday Dog Treat
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons dry baking yeast
- 2 tablespoons chopped spearmint leaves
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons green or red powdered food coloring or spinach powder (to get the color desired)
- 7/8 cup water
With all of my recipes, you can use a heavy duty mixer with a dough hook. with a dough hook or a bread machine. I prefer the bread machine, as it’s so much easier. If you use a mixer, simply adjust the directions for making bread with your mixer.
- Place everything in the bread machine on the dough cycle.
- When the dough is ready, roll it to1/4” thick with a non-stick rolling pin.
- Using a mini bone cookie cutter, cut the dough into mini dog bone shapes.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for about an hour. Check to make sure that they don’t get too brown.
- Turn off the oven and let the mini dog bones dry completely in the oven—This works best overnight.
- If you’d like to dress up your dog bones, why not try a little dog treat icing?
These Christmas dog treats will keep for several months, at room temperature, in your snowman cookie jar, so you can make them well ahead of the holidays.