Feel Good Friday: Yummy MUMMY Dog Treats!
With Halloween fast approaching, we’re all getting into the spirit! So don’t forget to include your dog (or his trick-or-treating pals) when it comes time for giving out treats. These extra yummy mummy dog treats are sure to be a tail wagging hit!
This recipe comes from The Cottage Market.
Mummy Bones Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats
What’ you’ll need:
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup AP Flour
- 1½ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- ¾ cup of Almond Milk (yes it is safe) or Water
- ½ cup of NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER …NEVER Use Sugar Free Peanut Butter with Xylitol (artificial sweetener that is toxic to pets)
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (cinnamon is safe to use for your dog …but of course don’t feed your pup an entire container because anything in quantity is not a good thing…I want you to know however NUTMEG is NOT to be used ever! I am just telling you because many people feel as though cinnamon goes together perfectly and it does but NOT FOR DOGS!
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup Pure Pumpkin
- Melting Yogurt Chips
- Mix your wet ingredients together completely (Milk,Honey, Pumpkin and Egg)
- Combine your dry ingredients
- Now slowly mix in the dry into the wet by hand…mix until thoroughly combined the dough will be very pliable and easy to roll. You will know if you have to add a bit more liquid or on the other hand…a bit more flour!
- Now roll out the dough ½ inch thick and cut out your bones or whatever shape you choose
- Keep on rolling till all of your treats are cut.
- I used a 1½ inch bone cutter and I got 80 bones to give you an idea.
- Now place your bones on a cookie sheet lined with parchment for easy clean-up
- Place in a preheated 325 oven for 20 minutes
- Take the bones out and flip them
- Place back in the over for approximately 15 minutes
- Cool on a rack
- If you are icing your bones…melt your yogurt chips until smooth in a double boiler… you can dip or put the liquid into a squirt bottle and give it a Mummy Wrap design (the design uses less : )
- Now it is time for you to surprise your dog with the special treat!
Let us know if your pet loved these, or comment with other great recipes to try!