Let your pet bring in the New Year with their very own New Year’s cookie treat! This recipe comes from Dogvills!
- 1 C peanut butter
- 1 C skim milk
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 2 C wheat flour
- Cocktail glass cookie cutter
- Wine bottle cookie cutter
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, room temp
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp honey
- -Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- -Add the peanut butter to the milk.
- -Whisk together the baking powder and flour in a bowl.
- -Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- -Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
- -Cover the counter top with parchment paper.
- -Sprinkle some wheat flour on the parchment paper lined counter top.
- -Roll out the dough out onto the lined counter top.
- -With the cookie cutters cut out dog treats.
- -Put the cookies on the lined baking sheet.
- -Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- -Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
- -Transfer to a wire rack for cool.
- -Beat cream cheese for 1-2 minutes or until it has a creamy texture.
- -Add the oil, vanilla, and honey, mix until well blended.
- -Check for a thick texture. If not place the mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- -Scoop the icing into a piping bag with a small tip.
- -Add the details to the dog treat as outlined in the picture or outline both the cocktail glass and bottle.
- -Store the iced treats in the fridge and serve them for no more than 3 days.
Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!