So we at Pet Treater love to spoil, to share, and to treat our pets and hopefully you do too…..so have a purrific time making these easy frozen cat treat delights!
Recipe Courtesy of moderncat.com
Believe it or not, it isn’t too difficult to please your cat….really…some tuna, salmon, or even catnip and they are purrfically happy! Now, freeze that and they are in HEAVEN.
Now most cats do not get as overheated as dogs, even with ALL their fur, HOWEVER, it is important to keep them cool during the summer time. So we have a Beat the Heat Treat for your felines too!
What You Will Need:
• An ice cube tray (if you have a fish or other design those are fun)
• Can of water-packed tuna (alternately, you can use canned salmon)
• Approximately ½ c water
• A mixing bowl or Magic Bullet
• A Ziploc bag
How You Make This Yumminess:
1. Start by mashing up the tuna in your bowl or stuffing it into your food mixer. Don’t drain the tuna water as it helps with the freezing. Add about half a cup of water to the mix.
2. Then mix up that tuna! A Magic Bullet was used because, really, it’s a go-to kitchen appliance and takes 10 seconds. Yum… doesn’t that just look delicious?
3. Fill your Ziploc bag with the mix and cut a small hole in one end. This helps save you from making a huge mess while filling up the ice cube trays. Fill your trays and place in the freezer for a couple hours. Let cats lick the bowl.
4. When the treats are nice and frozen, you can pop them out and let cats have a taste! We recommend letting them chew on these on a tile floor or a plate, because we’re pretty sure you don’t want tuna bits all over your house. You can store these in a plastic bag in your freezer for up to six months, so if you make a bunch you’ll have some on hand for hot days!
What to Expect:
Well, probably very happy cats for one thing! Also, a healthy frozen treat. Be mindful, cats easily get brain freezes, so make sure you monitor their eating and licking!
For more great things all about cats, take a look at Moderncat.com. While we are not directly affiliated with them, they have great insight for cats and we know you will get a lot of helpful tips from them! Happy Treating!
Don’t forget to treat yourself and your animals to the Brown Dog Foundation Facebook Auction during the month of June 2019. Great surprises await and we know you will enjoy it–look for more info the 1st of June!
As Always Many Paws,