by Luke Keefe
We got nothing special on Valentine’s Day this year. Can you believe that? Every other dog was getting special treats and outings and we got NOTHING. I had to ask my sisters why this was – don’t we usually celebrate? Are the Momz and Dadz just one of those couples that aren’t romantic because they’ve been married a zillion years?
No, that is not it, they said. “After all, they say “I love you” to each other, and us, every day.” My sissies reminded me that it was kind of a rough and busy weekend around here; Momz told you all about thatearlier this week. If you haven’t read that post yet, be sure you do and note how I was the highlight of the weekend!
It wasn’t just that, there was another thing. See, the Momz tries not to dwell on sad anniversaries. For the most part, she doesn’t remember the exact dates of when loved ones – human or furry – died. She’ll remember the month and the year but she doesn’t want to focus on the sad dates. But our brother Kobidied two years ago last Saturday – the day before Valentine’s Day. So Momz just can’t forget that date.
It was just another reason, along with our house sale maybe not going through, to be sad. But that is behind us now, the house is back to being sold again and Momz’ migraine finally went away. As it turns out, she had a special surprise for me (us) that she was saving up for when she felt better!
The Momz took the photos but she is letting me tell you all about what we got in our fun Pet Treater box this month! It is MY box – see the letter addressed to me? That was a personal letter from a former shelter dog named Cannon just to me. I was lucky not to ever have to live in a shelter; a rescue pulled my biological Mom out just before I was born. I was in a foster home before coming to my permanent home here. Cannon told me about how Pet Treater donates a bag of treats, a bed, blanket or toy to a local shelter dog or cat for every box that they sell.
I am a good brother and always share with my sisters. Sometimes I even let them steal toys away from me without putting up a fuss! Here is what we got:
- Fleece Pet Throw from the ASPCA. It’s super soft, made from recycled materials, and machine washable. Plus we love the bright orange color!
- Naturally Healthy Dog Biscuits from Carolina Biscuit Co. Vegan & grain free, filled with healthy ingredients, antioxidants, and Omega 3s. These were a big hit. In fact, Cricket rudely stole one right out of Momz’ hand! Then, Sheba tried to do the same! I almost didn’t get one but Momz took it right out of Sheba’s mouth!
- Huggle Hounds Ruff-Tex Squeak Toy. Made from natural and durable rubber, non-toxic with a super loud squeaker!
- Huggle Hounds soft, squeaky plush heart that says “Fur-Ever”.
- Huggle Hounds Tuffut Technology Plush Blue Bigfoot Toy. He didn’t actually have a name so we named him Bigfoot. Momz says she has visions of blue fluff everywhere when Sheba gets playing with him. That’s OK, Momz, we don’t have to worry about house showings anymore!
- Nature’s Recipe Oven Baked Lamb Flavor biscuits. These are all natural treats with no corn, soy or artificial preservatives. This a BIG bag of treats – 19 ounces!
- Pure Luv Mini Sizzlin Strips, chicken & sweet potato. Momz says we have to be honest here. She doesn’t like some of the ingredients in these treats, so we won’t be trying them. Is your Mom so fussy? That’s OK, we know it’s because she loves us!
- For the Human! Wise Dogs by H. Jackson Brown Jr. and Dale C. Spartas. “What dogs teach us about living a happy and rewarding life”. This book is filled with sweet photos and quotes with common sense advice from dogs.
- “Romeo” bandana. I’m tellin’ ya, Momz is over the top about this bandana – she thinks it suits me perfectly. I think she’d be happy even if that was the only thing we got. I think my new nickname is going to be “Romeo”. BOL
The Momz says that even in spite of the one bag of treats she didn’t like, in her opinion Pet Treater is the best subscription box out there. You get SO much in one box, and we especially love that there are lots of toys! We love the Huggle Hounds brand, and how fun that we got three of their toys this time!
Subscriptions start at $24.99 and go down to $19.99 for a 12 month subscription, and others are available in between. The subscriptions auto renew, but you can cancel at any time. They even have a one time box for $34.99 if you want to give it a try before committing.
So why not treat your pet to Pet Treater? You can get a free bed (seen in the photo above) with your first order by using our special promo code: WAGNWOOF-BED; OR you can get $5.00 off your first box by using our special promo code: WAGNWOOF-5OFF. Please note you can only use one code or the other, not both.
Good news!! Pet Treater has agreed to giveaway a box to one of our lucky readers! Just fill out the Rafflecopter below to enter!